But this time I’m going to be overly prepared so I can follow through
Tasted as good as the first. But since it’s killing me, I quit. I had my final goodbyes to a long time companion
I found this very interesting. It’s 200 Questions to get to know someone. I figured I would answer them so that you can get to know me.
Questions to get started
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your time?
- Spending time with family and friends
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned?
- right now I own a pair of blue Manolos
- What hobby would you get into if money weren’t an issue?
- What would your perfect room look like?
- How often do you play sports?
- I go to the gym 4x a week and usually swim
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- When was the last time you climbed a tree?
- I don’t think I ever have
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?
- What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
- eating with their mouth full
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
- excel spreadsheets
- What skill would you like to master?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- alaskan cruise
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
- google search “magnolia homes” or “Pottery Barn”
- What’s your favorite drink?
- Coke in a can
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
- Tampa, FL
- What songs have you completely memorized?
- Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
- Scenes from an Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
- Sex in the City in California & Mexico
- What do you consider to be your best find?
- my Breville juicer
- Are you usually early or late?
- What pets did you have while you were growing up?
- a cat named Mittens
- a dog named Friday
- a dog named Blu
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- arts & crafts
- What takes up too much of your time?
- watching tv
- Playing video games
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- my family history
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
- can cars fly?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
- fresh flowers
- talking to the man in my life
- dinner watching Jeopardy
- Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
- Billy Joel
- Green Day
- James Taylor
- What’s the best way to start the day?
- with a coffee then some swimming or yoga
- What shows are you into?
- Watters World
- DIY anything
- Cooking shows
- Greys Anatomy
- What TV Channel doesn’t exist but really should?
- Arts & Crafts
- Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? My future husband
32. What age do you wish you could permanently be? 32
33. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch? Horror movies
34. What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? At a beach resort with my guy
35. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Manicure and pedicures
36. What’s your claim to fame? Being crafty
37. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? Knit, crochet, baking and spinning
38. What’s your favorite book or movie?
Book: Bridget Jones Diary & Shapaholic series are tied
Movie: Silver Linings Playbook
39. How often do you people watch? Every other day
40. What have you only recently formed an opinion on? Health and Fitness
41. What’s the best single day on the calendar? My birthday
42. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? have no answer for this
43. How do you relax after a hard day work? a glass of wine or yoga
44. What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read?
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
45. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
46. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
My guy playing with my cat
47. What is the most annoying question people ask you? I stray away from annoying people
48. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Crocheting
48. If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? Everyone must be nice, work is part time for everyone, minimum wage is enough to feed a family of 5 and keep a roof over their heads, community service is mandatory and all health care is free when you do community service
49. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Use their passports
50. Would you rather go hang gliding or white water rafting? Rafting
51. What’s your dream car? Right now, a Volvo or BMW SUV
52. What’s worth spending more on to get the best? Anything that makes you happy
53. What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point? POTUS
54. What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years? Traveling and fixing up our home
56. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but haven’t gotten around to? Donating extra clothing, books and miscellaneous items we no longer need
57. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? An excellent job review
58. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience it again for the first time?
59. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Counseling drug and alcohol abuse
60. What amazing thing did you do that no-one was around to see? No thought on this one right now
61. How different was your life one year ago? Polar opposites
62. What quirks do you have? Talking to myself out loud, not folding clothes
63. What would you rate 10/10? Downton Abbey
65. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen? Picasso paintings
65. What kind of art do you enjoy the most? Van Gogh
- What do you hope never changes?
- What city would you most like to live in?
- What movie title describes your life?
- Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
- What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
- If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
- Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
- Where would you rather be from?
- What are some things you would like to unlearn?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- What website do you visit most often?
- What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
- Where do you usually go when you have time off?
- Where would you spend all your time if you could?
- What is special about the place you grew up?
- What age do you want to live to?
- What are you most likely to become famous for?
- What are you absolutely determined to do?
- What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What question would you most like to know the answer to?
- What question can you ask to find out the most about a person?
- When was the last time you changed your opinion / belief about something major?
- What was the best compliment you’ve received ?
- As the only human left on Earth, what would you do?
- Who inspires you to be better?
- What do you want your epitaph to be?
- What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?
- In what situation or place would you feel the most out of place in?
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
- They say everyone has a book in them. What would your book be about?
- What is something you will NEVER do again?
- What do you spend the most time thinking about?
- What are some of the events in your life that you made you who you are?
- What do you wish your brain was better at doing?
- There are two types of people in this world. What are they?
- What is the strangest thing you have come across?
- What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?
- If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
- What are you addicted to?
- What stereotype do you completely live up to?
- What is something you can never seem to finish?
- As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
- What is one of your favorite smells?
- What would be the scariest monster you could imagine?
- What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
- What would you do if you knew you were going to die in an hour?
- What book impacted you most?
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
- If life was a game, like some people say, what are some of the rules?
- Who is / was your most interesting friend?
- Have you given to any charities?
- What is something your friends would consider “so you”?
- What risks are worth taking?
- What can you not get right, no matter how many times you try?
- If you could convince everyone in the world to do one thing at the point in time, what would that thing be?
- What do you take for granted?
- What would be some annoying things about having yourself as a roommate?
- What’s something your self-conscious about?
- What personality trait do you value most and which do you dislike most?
- What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you?
- What gets you fired up?
- What challenging thing are you working through these days?
- What irrational fear do you have?
- What’s the best and worst piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you had a clock that would countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to countdown to?
- What makes a good life?
- What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of?
- What’s the last adventure you went on?
- When do you feel truly “alive”?
- What was the most memorable gift you have received?
- What chapters would you separate you autobiography into?
- What do you like most about my family?
- What do you hope your last words are?
- What stat for your life would you most like to see?
- What are the three most significant numbers in your life?
- What could you do with two million dollars to impact the most amount of people?
- If you were put into solitary confinement for six months, would you stay sane?
- What’s something horrible that everyone should try at least once?
- What are some of the tuning point in you life?
- What would a minor opposite of yourself be like?
- What are you really good at, but embarrassed to be good at?
- What are three interesting facts about you?
- Which of your scars has the best story behind it?
- What’s the title of this chapter of your life?
- What is the hardest lesson you have learned?
- What mistake do you keep making over and over again?
- What do people say is weird about you?
- When people look at you, what do you think they see / think?
- What have you created that you are most proud of?
- If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in you life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
- What annoys you most about the groups you are a part of?
- What do you have doubts about?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
- What do you regret not doing or starting when you were younger?
- If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would it be?
- What’s the best thing about you?
- What bends your mind every time you think about it
- Whats the best thing you got from your parents?
- What’s one responsibility you wish you didn’t have?
- What is the “holy grail” of your life>?
- If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?
- What are the top three things you want to accomplish before you die? How close are you to accomplishing them?
- What would you tell yourself 10 years ago? What do you think you’ll tell yourself 10 years from now?
- In your group of friends what role do you play?
- What are you “famous” for?
- If your life was a book what would the title be?
- Whats the best and worst about getting older?
- What’s something that happened or something that someone said that changed how you view the world?
- What are you most likely wrong about?
- If you had a personal flag what would be on it?
- What lifestyle change have you been meaning to make for a while now?
- What would your spirit animal be?
- What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
- What chance encounter changed your life forever?
- If you could have a video of any one event in your life, what would you choose?
- If you were forced to relive one 10 minute block of your life again and again for all eternity what would you choose?
VERY PERSONAL QUESTIONS TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE BETTER
- How do you hope you will change in the future as a person?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What is the most surprising self-realization you’ve had?
- Whats the most illegal thing you have done?
- What lie do you tell most often?
- What do you regret not doing?
- What gives your life meaning?
- What do you most look down on people for? What do you think other people look down on you for?
- What bridges do you regret burning?
- What are you most insecure about?
- How do you get in your own way of success?
- What’s one thing that you really wish you. could go back and undo?
- What are you afraid people see when they look at you?
So I have a friend from Alanon and she’s lovely. She needs to find a sponsor and asked me if I would. So I’m considering it. In all reality it’s a little terrifying at the same time it’s a complete honor to be asked! I know that my journey is going to be a long one and I have a sponsor to help me on the way so I do believe that everyone in the program should have the trust with their deepest and darkest feelings and secrets.
I’m also co-chairperson for an anniversary. Here’s some of my thoughts for the decor – the theme is blue and white spring
Out of desperation I hired a personal trainer yesterday at the gym. I’ve been dieting now for a few weeks and working out every other day and I’m not having any results. So I meet my trainer on Monday.
I meet with a personal trainer again today at 1 pm. So far today I have had
- 2 coffees
- ii water
- smoothie “Chocolate Mint” – I personally HATE it but maybe you may like it, so here is the recipe:
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup soaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1/2 cup small avocado
- 1 cup coconut water
Here is what the book’s look like:
and here’s mine:
It’s ll right to feel disappointed, skeptical, resentful, joyous, excited, or confused about our changing circumstances. By accepting what we feel and sharing about it with other Al-Anon members, we are better able to take care of ourselves.
Todays Reminder: I will allow myself the dignity to discover exactly how I feel about the changes that are happening today, and I will share those feelings with an Al-Anon friend
source: Courage to change
Before I came to Al-Anon, I felt angry and resentful toward my alcoholic mother. I resented her for being unable to give me the things I needed, such as unconditional love and financial support. I forgot about the good things she instilled in me, such s open-mindedness and respect for my fellow human beings. In AlAnon, I learned that forgiveness is for me.
source: Hope for today
Yesterday and today I am dealing with a great deal of guilt and shame. It’s all about my father’s death and last days….
- I didn’t get to say goodbye
- I should have NEVER been so fucking cruel!!
- I wish I had done more to help him
- I wish I had spent time with him on his last Christmas
- I want 5 more minutes
- I should have considered the possibility that he may die from this
- I feel like I failed my father
- I think he thought I gave up on him
- I’m ashamed of the circumstances with his family NOW
- I’m terrified that someone I love is next
- I blame myself for not being there
- I feel as though I failed as a daughter
Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death. ~ Coco Chanel
In reality, I was the last person on earth that spoke with my father and it was a lovely conversation. I honestly believe he died from a heart attack right after. And sick as it is, We didn’t discover his body for three days. Sick as it is, his family wanted to see the body. I did not. I spoke with a very trusted friend about this guilt that I’m carrying and she reminded me of one thing – when you’re on an airplane and it’s going down, you have to put your own oxygen mask on first. Meaning I had to take care of myself BEFORE I could care for anyone else and I wasn’t taking care of myself. I couldn’t abandon myself anymore. I didn’t cause it, couldn’t control it and couldn’t cure it.